Please note: the information on this page is general advice.
Injuries & Personal Health
Make your instructor aware of any injuries/personal health issues you may have prior to any sessions you undertake with us. You should however consult your doctor concerning any health issues prior to attending any of our classes.
Food & Drink
- Bring a bottle of water to your class to ensure you stay hydrated throughout the session.
- You should aim to eat a light meal up to 2 hours before a session or a larger meal 2 to 4 hours before a session.
- Wear comfortable sportswear during warm up and cool down.
- Bring a pair of comfortable shorts for the main pole session, this is essential as your skin will prevent you from slipping off the pole.
- We recommend barefoot during our classes, however comfortable, protective footwear may be worn if you prefer.
- Wear a comfortable top that you can move easily in.
- Bring a small towel with you - you will find this handy to wipe the poles down and to dry your hands throughout the session.
- No jewellery or watches to be worn during classes, as they may scratch the poles and you could also injure yourself.
Please be aware that you should NOT use any oils or lotions on your skin on the day of your class as this will cause you to slip off the pole.
Bruises & Burns
Everyone may experience some kind of bruise or burn during Pole Fitness classes as it involves a lot of skin contact with the pole. You can try to prevent them by wearing wrist bands and protective footwear during classes and also by wearing a hoodie or jumper that can be put on and taken off when needed.
We always ensure our poles are thoroughly cleaned before each class, but we would really appreciate your help by asking that you clean the poles you have used after each class or practise session you attend. This is a consideration to other clients and instructors at Pole Place.